Thursday, 26 September 2013

The Trip - Part I

Over the last 7 days I've driven over 1400 miles, have been to Edinburgh twice, London and Innerleithen in the Scottish Borders. I was in London to visit the LDF this year, support friends, visit stockists and soak up a little inspiration on the way.

One of the highlights of LDF was Cafe Smug. Owned by Lizzie Evans, Smug is an absolute design haven, with a collection of fantastic interiors products, furniture, tableware and textiles.








































As well as owning and running Smug, Lizzie is an interior architect and designed the entire shop - collection vintage displays alongside mid-century sideboards. It's one of my favourite places in London.





 After showing Lizzie our new collection for AW13 I sit down with assistant Smuggler Laura Gee for a cup of tea outside.


 Outside at Cafe Smug, illustrated walls by Laura Gee.


You'll notice yellow, pineapples and guinea pigs are a recurring theme at Smug. I've had my eye on these little owls for a while now, they'd make an excellent studio mascot!

Lizzie has recently started a blog called The Smuggler- she has the most excellent taste so it's well worth checking her Pinterest page too.

SMUG
13 Camden Passage
Islington
N1 8EA

2 comments:

  1. Oh my - I liver near Camden Passage about 5 years ago and Cafe Smug wasn't there - going to make a beeline for it next time I'm in that part of town though. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maryam,

      Yes you should! This shop is so lovely I wish I could just live there! Thanks for reading.

      Hilary X

      Delete

: 0" />